Honeywell is one of the most trusted brands in the air cleaner business. The Honeywell 50250S air purifiers are highly recommended by Doctors for people who suffer from allergies. The Honeywell 50250S Air Purifier has been AHAM certified for use in rooms up to 390 square feet. It needs to be placed a minimum of three feet away from a wall. It’s not powerful enough to clean larger rooms. Honeywell 50250S is excellent at removing dust,pollen and cigarette smoke. Its certified CADR ratings are:
250 for smoke
250 for dust
250 for pollen
The Honeywell 50250 removes 99.97 percent of common airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, but it is noisy. We rarely use it in the bedroom, for it works with large noise and a bright blue light which can degrade sleep quality. It measures 18 inches high, 19 inches deep and 18 inches wide. The HEPA filter is made from a glass fiber material. The Glass-fiber HEPA material also helps remove airborne particles, viruses and bacteria. The Honeywell true HEPA air purifier is a “long life” HEPA filters. Long life HEPA filter can be vacuumed to extend the filter life. The filter indicator lights show red lights to alert you when the filter is dirty. There is a very thin carbon pre-filter that needs to be changed.The Honeywell air purifier is 3 speeds and 360-degree cylindrical design which takes in air from all sides of, expels clean air out the top.The Honeywell’s cleaning power, but we refuse to use it in his bedroom because of the noise.
Pros and Cons
1. The Honeywell 50250S uses true HEPA air purifier, meaning it will remove 99.97% of dust, pollen and mold spores from the air.
2. The air purifier has pre-filter can easy to replace and long life filter can be vacuumed to extend the filter life.
3. The Honeywell 50250S Purifier is a value in terms of price/performance ratio.
4. The Honeywell air purifier is 360-degree cylindrical design.
5. The Honeywell 50250S does not produce ozone.
6. The Honeywell 50250S is one of the only brands recommended by doctors to help reduce allergy symptoms.
1. Honeywell air purifiers work with louder noise.
2. The Honeywell 50250S is not powerful enough to clean larger rooms.
3. Honeywell air purifiers have Not Energy Star qualified. Their power is 170 watts on HIGH
4. A Blue Light is too bright for sleep
5. The air purifier is inefficient at removing VOC, gas, toxin.
They perform well when installed in properly sized room with no heavy odors or chemicals. If you only have $200,I consider the Honeywell air cleaners the best of the brands.