Blueair air purifier was founded in Sweden in 1996. Blueair air purifiers are a very popular air cleaners on the market with a high Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
Specifications and Technologies
The Blueair 503 air purification combine ionizer, electrostatic, and HEPASilent technologies.3-stage HEPASilent filter technology achieves better results with CADR ratings. The air purification works at a very high filtration effectiveness with no external ozone. It is highly effective at removing pet dander, dust, pollen, bacteria, mold spores and other harmful particles from the air. Clean air delivery rate (CADR):
The air purifier is weak to kill viruses, bacteria or mold. The Blueair air purifiers are energy star 3-speed qualified. Blueair’s stylish but conservative design, quality galvanized steel construction 100-percent-recyclable filter media. Blueair 503 air purifier can deliver 5 air changes per hour (ACH) for rooms up to 580 square feet. This air purifier’s dimensions are 13 by 20 by 26 inches. The fan of Blueair 503 located at the bottom, blowing up through top and two sides exhaust ports, each with its own filter. There are 4 speeds easy to use control knobs and the filters are very simple to replace.
Pros and Cons
1. HEPASilent filter technology achieves high efficiency particle removal. The filters can arrest 99.97% of extremely small 0.1 micron particles.
2. Galvanized steel structure is Durable steel construction.
3. Although the Blueair 503 air purifier is very heavy but with wheels. That’s great if you want to move it.
4. The Blueair 503 is quiet unless you run it in 4 speed for a long time.
5. The Blueair is an energy efficient air purifier.
6. The Blueair 503 added a black activated carbon layer to the standard filters.
1. The Blueair 503 have no pre-filter to extend the life. Blueair suggests us to replace filters at six month intervals or electrostatic probably clogs up more and is less efficient as a result.
2. The filters are not a tight seal especially top filter.
3. The air purifier is inefficient at removing viruses, bacteria or mold.
The Blueair 503 is a strong air purifier with a high Clean Air Delivery Rate. The Blueair 503 is highly effective at helping people who suffer from allergy and other respiratory problems.
We recommend the Blueair 503 series for another reason is its quiet. The Blueair 503 would be the best choice, if you need a quiet, reliable air purifier for a medium size home.